Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Stubb's Bar-B-Q Cookbook via The Dallas Morning News
- Makes 12 pieces
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon mustard, Creole or coarse grain
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced scallions (green and white parts)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- paprika for garnish
- 36 capers, drained, for garnish
- Shell eggs, cut in half lengthwise, and pop yolks into mixing bowl.
- With fork, mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and scallions.
- Mix in salt and pepper.
- Mixture should have pronounced lemon and mustard flavors, so add more if desired (chilling will make flavors less perceptible).
- Fill cavity in each egg half with yolk mixture.
- Top with sprinkle of paprika and place 3 capers on top of each filled egg half.
- Chill till ready to serve.
- Note: for best flavor, serve just slightly chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 58 (72% fat) | Fat 5g (1 g sat) | Cholesterol 107 mg | Sodium 155 mg | Trace of fiber | Carbohydrates 1 g | Protein 3 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.