Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: Jill Karlya via dLife
- 2 medium cooking apples (Gala or New Zealand apples are sweeter and crisper than most other cooking apples)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large dried or fresh fig, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare, core apples, cutting to, but not through, bottoms, peel top third of each apple.
- Place apples in a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine fig, orange rind, 1 tablespoon orange juice, pecans and cinnamon.
- Spoon fig mixture evenly in cavities of apples.
- Drizzle remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice over apples.
- Cover and bake apples at 350°F for 40 – 45 minutes or until apples are tender (baste occasionally with cooking liquid)
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 115 | Carbohydrates 23.1g | Fat 3.2g | Saturated fat 0.3g | Fiber 4.5g | Protein 0.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 1mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.