In Romanian: Stiuca umpluta la cuptor
- 1 pike (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- crustless slice of white bread
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 beet
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- hard-boiled egg, sliced for garnish
- mustard sauce
- Clean and wash the pike and remove its head.
- Starting from the head, skin the carefully. If there remains any meat sticking to the skin, scrape with a knife.
- Salt and skin and leave aside.
- Debone the and grind it with the milk (or water) moistened bread and with the finely chopped and oil fried onion.
- Add salt, pepper, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and two beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Mix well and stuff the pike skin (do not overstuff or it may burst while boiling).
- Make small balls from the remaining mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed fish and head, a whole onion, the thinly sliced carrot and beet in the baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and set in the oven to bake.
- Every now and then, baste with the oil in the dish.
- When ready, remove from the baking dish, arrange on a long platter, and after it has cooled off, slice into finger thick slices and put them all together to give the illusion of a whole fish.
- Place the in its place and garnish with slices of hard boiled egg.
- Serve with mustard sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.