Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain governemnt resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- Cut squash in halves; remove seeds.
- Bake at 400 °F for about 50 minutes or until done. Remove from oven.
- Scrape out pulp down to skin.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Put the filling back into shells; place in shallow baking dish.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter and the corn syrup.
- Drizzle mixture over top of squash.
- Bake at 450 °F for about 15 minutes or until top is crusty.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.