Stuffed catfish is an interesting dish that is easy and convenient to cook.
- 4 catfish cleaned and skinned
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 pt oysters
- ½ lb salad shrimp
- 1 bag Italian breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions (if spring onions are not available, use chopped red onion)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- First, you need to steam and chop the oysters.
- Then, mix the oysters, crabmeat, and the shrimp with a combination of chopped onion, breadcrumb, juice from lemon, and garlic in bowl.
- This mixture is then stuffed into the cavity of the catfish.
- Sprinkle a pinch of zest from the lemons onto the prepared fish.
- Next, add ¼ cup white wine to the stuffed fish, and wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Once the fish is wrapped, you can grill it on a low heat or even bake it at around 325°F.
- This should be done for around half an hour.
- In order to check when the catfish is cooked, you need to use a fork to poke it and find out whether the meat is soft enough.
- With the quantity of ingredients used in this recipe, you should be able to serve around 4 people.
- It takes around 30 minutes to prepare this dish and around 30 minutes or more to cook it properly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.