good costa rican food.
- 3 Chayotes, peeled halved
- salt and pepper
- 3 ½ Cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 Cups Munster Cheese, grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parboil the chayotes in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving at least at ¼ inch shell.
- Chop pulp and add 3 cups of breadcrumbs, Cheese, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Fill chayotes shell with this mixture.
- Mix the rest of breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the stuffed cayotes.
- Dot with butter. Bake in a 450 oven for 15–20 minutes or until browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.