- 9 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut in halves, pound chicken to flatten.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- matzo meal
- salt and pepper
- oil for browning
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 6 tbsp margarine
- 4½ tbsp potato starch
- ¾ tsp salt
- white pepper
- 1 pinch tarragon
- ¾ cup white wine
- ¾ cup Coffee Rich
- parsley, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced and sauté
- Sauté onion in margarine; add remaining ingredients.
- Place a spoonful on each chicken breast and roll up tightly.
- Dip the chicken rolls into mixture of egg and water; roll into crumb mixture (matzo meal, salt, pepper and basil).
- Heat oil in skillet and brown pieces on all sides.
- At this point, recipe may be refrigerated for later use, or completed.
- Blend potato starch, salt and pepper into melted margarine.
- Stir in broth and cook over medium heat.
- Add wine, stirring with wire whisk; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in "cream" (unless it's Passover) and parsley.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake, covered, at 350 °F for about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with sauteed sliced mushrooms and parsley (actually, the "cream" should be omitted for Passover).
- Have a good holiday.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.