Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1¼ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breast (2 whole breasts, halved)
- paprika to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the spinach, feta, bread crumbs, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Pound the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper until ¼-inch thick.
- Remove wax paper.
- Place ¼ of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast.
- Spread to within ¼-inch of the edge of the breast.
- Roll starting at the pointy bottom.
- Fasten with toothpicks.
- Place the breasts in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly sprinkle paprika over the rolls.
- Pour the water and wine into the baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut the rolled chicken breasts crosswise into ½- inch slices.
- Arrange on serving platter; pouring the cooking liquid over the sliced rolls.
Nutritional information Edit
- 262 Calories | 8g Fat | 2g Fiber | 38g Protein | 6g Carbs | 99mg Chol | 397mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.