Makes 6 servings.
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 x 14½ to 16-ounce can tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cut slice from stem of peppers. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook in boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Drain and chop tomatoes, reserving juice.
- Combine beef, rice, tomatoes, onion, salt, thyme, pepper, garlic powder and egg; mix well.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Place upright in buttered baking dish.
- Blend reserved tomato juice, bouillon cubes and water. Pour around peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.