Stuffed Hushpuppies With Creole tomato Sauce
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 Cups-Box Hushpuppy Mix, Made Following Directions on Box
- 1 Bunch Fresh leeks, Washed And Chopped Into Half Moons
- 1 Tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh garlic
- 1 Medium Vidalia Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Rock Shrimp, Cleaned And Peeled
- 1 Pound Fresh Maine Lobster Meat, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Chunks
- 1/2 Pound Crawfish Tail Meat
Creole tomato Sauce:
- 1 green pepper, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Medium Vidalia Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 1/2 Stalk celery, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- 4 Vine Ripened tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Quarts chicken stock
- 2 Each bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh thyme
Preheat a Deep Pot Halfway Filled With oil or a Deep-Fryer to 350Degrees F.
With a Medium Ice cream Scoop Portion Out The Hush Puppy Mix And FryUntil Golden Brown.
Allow to Cool, Then Cut a Slice of The Top of The Hushpuppy And ScoopOut The Insides, Being Careful Not to Cut Through The Hushpuppy on TheBottom or Sides.
In a Medium Saut? Pan Over Medium to High Heat, Saut? The leeks, ginger,garlic, And Onion in butter For 10 Minutes, Being Careful Not to Brown.Add The heavy cream And Turn to Low And Allow The Cream to Reduce by Half.When Cream Has Reduced by Half Add The Shrimp, Lobster, And Crawfish AndCook Until The Mixture is Slightly Thickened.
Creole tomato Sauce:
In a Medium Sauce Pot Heat olive oil Over Medium-High Heat And Saut? ThePepper, Onion, garlic, celery, And Creole Seasoning For 5 Minutes.Add The tomatoes And Cook For 5 Minutes Longer. Add RemainingIngredients And Cook on Low For 25 Minutes. Remove From Stove And PureeThe Sauce as Smooth as Possible in a Blender or Food Processor.Pass Through a Sieve or Colander. Keep Warm. Preheat The Oven to 375Degrees F. to Finish The Dish:
Stuff The Hushpuppies With The Rock Shrimp/Crawfish Mixture And Bake inThe Oven For 5 Minutes.
Place 2 Ounces of Creole Sauce on Plate And Top With Stuffed Hushpuppies