Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- ½ lb pork sausage
- ½ cup green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- ½ cup butter crackers, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely minced
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp crushed oregano
- ⅛ tsp seasoned pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Place caps, rounded side down, in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Chop stems.
- Sauté pork in skillet until cooked through.
- Reserve sausage drippings and cook stems and rest of veggies until tender, not brown.
- Add crumbs, cheese, parsley, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper.
- Mix well, stir in pork and broth.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps, rounding until all is used.
- Bake uncovered at 325°F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Can be refrigerated until baked.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.