Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group
- 8 green bell peppers
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1½ lbs ground lean beef
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 can (1 lb can) kidney beans, well drained
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped pimento
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 strips bacon
- ½ cup Sauterne wine
- ½ cup water
- Slice the tops from peppers and remove seeds.
- Cook cornmeal into a mush in the water and Sauterne (add more wate if necessary)
- Spoon the mush into the peppers, spreading mush to line each.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except bacon, blend well, and stuff into each pepper.
- Place peppers side by side in a shallow pan, and top with bacon strips.
- Add water to the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated moderate oven (325°F).
- Cook for 1 hour, or until done.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.