Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ to ¾ lb ground beef
- 4 – 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ¾ to 1 cup cooked, chopped broccoli
- Italian seasoning
- minced garlic or garlic powder
- minced onion
- 1 pkg. large stuffing size shell pasta
- 1 large jar Prego, Ragu, or Goya spaghetti sauce
- Preheat shells according to package directions. This recipe will stuff a little more than half the package.
- Drain and cover with cold water to stop cooking and prevent sticking.
- Brown meat with amount of spices to suit your taste.
- Drain liquid.
- Add cream cheese, broccoli and soup.
- If you like, you can add chopped fresh mushrooms for a bit more flavor.
- Cook and stir occasionally until cream cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Lightly grease or spray a large casserole dish.
- Gently fill each cooked shell with stuffing mixture and place open side up in casserole with edges just touching.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the shells.
- If desired, cover with shredded mozzarella cheese or a mixture of 2 parts shredded mozzarella and 1 part shredded provolone cheese.
- Bake in a 325°F oven about 30 – 45 minutes or until heated through and cheeses are melted.
A variation of this recipe for seafood lovers:
- Melt cream cheese with about 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Add soup, broccoli, and precooked frozen salad size shrimp or shredded shrimp or crabmeat (imitation crab is great).
- Die-hard Italian food cravers will love it with Italian sausage in place of the ground beef.
- Another quick to fix dish, can be done ahead and frozen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.