Makes 6 servings.
- 1 x 5-ounce can saffron or yellow rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 x 2-ounce jar diced pimento
- 6 swordfish steaks (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine cooked rice, peas, mayonnaise and pimentos.
- Cut a pocket in each swordfish steak. Spoon ⅓ cup stuffing into each steak.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and butter.
- Bake at 400 °F for 8 to 10 minutes or until flakes easily with fork.
- Cover and heat remaining rice mixture in baking dish until thoroughly heated.
- Serve swordfish with heated rice mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.