Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dill
- parsley and paprika (for sprinkling)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zucchini pulp
- Drop whole zucchini into boiling salted (about 2 tsp salt per 5-6 quart pot) water.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; cover zucchini with cold water to stop the cooking.
- When cool, slice in half lengthwise; scoop out meat from centers leaving a hollow shell.
- Reserve zucchini pulp and set aside.
- Mash zucchini pulp using a potato masher or a fork.
- In a small saucepan, melt ¼ stick butter.
- Blend in the cornstarch until no lumps remain; add sour cream.
- Combine with dill and salt and zucchini pulp, mixing ingredients until well blended.
- Fill the zucchini shells evenly with the stuffing.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in microwave.
- Stir in ½ cup crushed cracker crumbs or bread crumbs, mixing until all are coated.
- Sprinkle a layer of buttered bread crumbs on top.
- Top with parsley flakes and a sprinkling of paprika for color.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Pizza zucchini variation: spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on top before baking.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese (or shredded mozzarella) 10 minutes before baking is finished.
- Drizzle with olive oil infused with minced garlic, oregano, and basil before serving (omit dill and sour cream).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.