This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Milligan Estate in Crandall, Texas in 2000.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds small zucchini
- 1½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, reserve ¼ cup for topping
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Scrub zucchini well then cut off ends but do not pare.
- Cook covered whole with 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove zucchini from shells with spoon.
- Chop into small pieces then combine with remaining ingredients except butter and ¼ cup cheese.
- Pile mixture lightly into zucchini shells and dot with margarine.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese over top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.