Serves 6 – 8
- 6 oz (1 can) frozen apple juice unsweetened concentrate
- 2 tbsp rounded all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 – 7 apples
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- nutmeg (optional)
- 1 x 9" double-crust pie shell, unbaked
- In a small saucepan, combine the frozen apple juice, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Peel and slice the apples and stir them into the apple juice mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell and dot with butter.
- Position the top crust over the filling, cutting slits for the steam to escape.
- Trim and seal the edges.
- Brush the top very lightly with water and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.