- ½ cup margarine, (1 stick)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- dry sugar substitute equal to ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp black walnut flavoring
- ¼ cup water, at room temperature
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup black or English walnuts, chopped
- Cream margarine, sugars and dry sugar substitute together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites, flavorings, and water, and mix at medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl before and after adding egg whites, flavorings, and water.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt, oatmeal and walnuts together to blend, and add to creamy mixture. Mix to blend.
- Drop dough by 1½ tsp onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Press each cookie down lightly with the back of a tablespoon dipped in color water. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove them to a wire rack and cool to room to temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 122 | Fat: 6g | cho: 15g | pro: 3g | NA: 120 mg | cholesterol: 0
- Food exchanges: 1 starch/bread | 1 fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.