- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 4¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- plain or colored sugar
- Cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs one at a time until light and fluffy.
- Beat in oil, vanilla and lemon peel.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to sugar mixture, beating till well blended.
- Wrap in wax paper; chill several hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Divide dough into thirds (keep ⅓ out, refrigerate the rest till needed).
- Form heaping tsp of dough into ball.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 2" diameter with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Sprinkle with plain or colored sugar and bake 8 - 10 minutes till lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 – 3 minutes.
- Before removing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.