- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- First cream the shortening and add the beaten eggs, sugar and milk.
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, lemon rind and salt.
- Mix well, roll out thin on floured pastry board and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake on greased baking pan in moderate oven about 10 minutes.
- One minute before cookies are done.
- Sprinkle each one with a little granulated sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.