- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped prunes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine, cut into pats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla, extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a saucepan, combine dates, Raisins, prunes, and water.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
- Stir in margarine and salt.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to fruit; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into greased mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes (if desired, bake in a 11" x 7" x 2" baking pan for 30 minutes).
Yield: 32 muffins
Diabetic exchanges: one mini-muffin equals, ½ fruit, 1 fat, ½ starch; also 94 calories, 52 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.