- 2 pounds of greens (kale, collards, spinach, or similar), well cleaned and chopped in to large pieces
- 2 tbs flour
- juice of one lemon
- oil for frying
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chill, chopped (optional)
- leftover cooked meat: Beef, Chicken, or similar (optional)
- chill powder
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Put greens in pot.
- Cover and steam until greens are nearly tender.
- While greens are cooking: combine flour, lemon juice, and a few spoonfuls of water in a small bowl or cup.
- Stir vigorously until mixture is smooth.
- Remove greens from heat and drain.
- Heat oil in a separate pan. Sauté the Onion, tomatoes, and hot pepper together. Add spices to taste.
- Add meat. Add flour-lemon juice mixture and stir until smooth.
- Reduce heat. Add drained greens. Cover and simmer over low heat until greens are fully tender and sauce is thickened.
- Make some Ugali to serve with your Sukuma Wiki.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.