- 3 cups cooked cold rice
- 1 cup cooked ham in ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked chicken in ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup celery in ¼-inch pieces
- 2 pimentos (canned) in ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cup pineapple or melon or both
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted.
- 1 to 2 heads lettuce
- 1 tsp chopped peanuts
- watercress or parsley sprigs
- In a 2-quart bowl combine cooked cold rice, cubed ham, cubed chicken, celery, pimentos, pineapple or melon or both, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts and salt.
- Blend mayonnaise with orange juice concentrate.
- Combine orange mayonnaise with the mixture.
- Line wooden salad bowls using the lettuce. Divide mixture among the bowls.
- Garnish top of salad with 1 to 2 tbsp orange mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on the mayonnaise.
- Decorate with watercress or parsley sprigs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.