- 3 packs gelatin, unflavored
- 1 cup water, cold
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 cups water, coiling
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 large apples, unpeeled and finely chopped (about 2-½ cups)
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- apple wedges, optional
- Soften gelatin in cold water; stir well.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Gradually add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add vinegar and lime juice.
- Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold in apple, green pepper, and onion.
- Spoon into 12 (½ cup) individual molds, and chill until set.
- Unmold on lettuce-lined plate, and garnish with apple wedges, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.