A lively pasta with summer vegetables, good hot or cold.
- 2 cups small yellow onions, cut in eighths
- 2 cups chopped, peeled fresh ripe tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced (about ½ lb)
- 1 cup zucchini squash, thinly sliced (about ½ lb)
- 1½ cups fresh green beans (about ½ lb)
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 lbs uncooked spaghetti
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large saucepan; cook for 10 minutes, then stir in tomato paste.
- Cover and cook gently, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Cook spaghetti in unsalted water according to package directions.
- Spoon sauce over drained hot spaghetti and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
Nutrition information Edit
Per serving: 260 calories total fat 3 g (9% of calories)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.