Makes 2 servings.
- 2 salmon steaks, 1 to 1½ inches thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- salt (optional)
- ground black pepper
- 1 lime, thinly sliced, divided
- ½ cup coarsely chopped tart red apple
- 2 pineapple slices, cut into chunks, with 2 tablespoons juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon butter, melted. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with juice from the ends of the lime.
- Place steaks on broiler pan. Broil steaks 3 to 4 inches from heat source until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet. Add apple and pineapple. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes.
- Combine pineapple juice, broth, cornstarch and sugar. Add to skillet; cook, stirring, until clear and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add lime slices. salt to taste.
- Serve sauce over steaks and beds of fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.