Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 8 oz seitan
- 2 – 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 25 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 1 box extra firm silken tofu
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box ziti (16 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Cook ziti according to package directions and drain when finished.
- Mince the seitan and mushrooms in a food processor until course and crumbly.
- Pour mushroom and seitan mixture into a large saucepan and stir in tomato sauce.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the tofu, basil, lemon, olive oil, and salt and pepper until consistency is similar to ricotta cheese.
- Spread some of the tomato-seitan mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan so that it coats the bottom.
- Combine the drained ziti, tofu mixture, and remaining tomato-seitan mixture in a large bowl and mix gently to combine all ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.