Makes 4 servings.
- 4 slices bacon
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Cook bacon until crisp in 8-inch skillet. Remove from pan. Drain and crumble.
- Pour off fat and return 2 tablespoons to skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender but not brown.
- Stir in rice and continue cooking until rice is hot.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese and bacon. Mix well.
- Make four indentations in rice mixture with back of spoon.
- Break an egg into each indentation.
- Cover and heat until eggs are of desired doneness.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.