- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup mashed mango
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- Melt butter and add flour to form a roux. Cook roux over low heat, stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk which has been heated. Stir or whisk vigorously.
- Return to heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl and cover with a buttered round of wax paper.
- Add beaten egg yolks to the sauce and mix well.
- Add sugar to mashed mango and then to sauce mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Stir ¼ into mango mixture.
- Fold in remaining egg whites gently. Spoon into a buttered 1½ qt. soufflé dish that has a 2 inch wax paper collar added to it.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 °F and bake 20 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.