Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny World Recipes Y-Group
- Active Time: 35 minutes | Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 hors d'oeuvre servings.
- ½ lb leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bell peppers (preferably red and orange), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 (15- to 16-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz corn tortilla chips (not low-fat)
- 2 cups grated jalapeño jack cheese (8 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped scallion greens
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- Accompaniment: tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss turkey with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bell peppers, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining ½ tablespoon oil in skillet over moderate heat and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 2 layers each of corn chips, sautéed peppers, beans, turkey, cheese, scallion, and cilantro in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and jalapeño to taste and serve on the side along with salsa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.