Imitation ice cream - it's delightful and delicious.
- Super Frozen Delight from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 15 minutes to prepare, 3 hours to freeze
- Serves: 8
- 1 package instant pudding (chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, or lemon)
- 2 cups of chilled soy protein formula
- 2 cups nondairy whipped topping
- Read the label of pudding mix to see that no milk or other milk product has been included.
- Prepare pudding as directed, substituting soy protein formula for milk.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into freezer container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Makes 1 quart.
- Nut Delight: Fold in 1 cup of your favorite chopped nuts with the whipped topping (not permitted on soft diet).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.