Imitation ice cream- it's delightful and delicious.
Cook Time: About 15 minuts to prepare, 3 hours to freeze
- 1 package instant pudding (chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, or lemon)
- 2 cups of chilled soy protein formula
- 2 cups nondairy whipped topping
1.Read the label of pudding mix to see that no milk or other milk product has been included.
2.Prepare pudding as directed, substituting soy protein formula for milk. Gently fold in whipped topping.
3.Pour into freezer container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Makes 1 quart.
- Nut Delight: Fold in 1 cup of your favorite chopped nuts with the whipped topping (not permitted on soft diet).
- Super Frozen Delight from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe