Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Best of Bridge
- Serves 20 , but may be cut in half for smaller gatherings.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can refried beans (14 oz)
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies, drained and chopped
- ½ lb shredded Monterey jack cheese or mild cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup taco sauce (try hot)
- 1 medium avocado, mashed or 6 oz pkg. frozen avocado dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- Tostados round tortilla chips
- Brown beef and onion, crumbling beef into fine pieces and drain.
- Season with salt.
- Spread refried beans in a large shallow ovenproof dish.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle green chilies over beans, then cheese.
- Drizzle taco sauce over all.
- If made ahead, cover and chill at this point.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Spread mashed avocado over mixture, then sour cream, garnish with green onions and.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- To reheat any leftovers, grate enough cheese to make a new top layer and bake until heated through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.