Makes 8 servings.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup pasteurized processed cheese spread
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 x 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
- Add mushroom soup and cheese spread; stir until cheese is melted.
- Add rice, chicken, broccoli, water chestnuts, sour cream and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.