Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into ½-thick slices
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 x 14½-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 x 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 x 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground saffron
- ¾ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until just beginning to brown; remove; set aside.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until beginning to brown; remove; set aside.
- Add onions, pepper, garlic and thyme; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, clam juice and saffron; stir to combine.
- Add sausage and chicken back to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and simmer 10 minutes more until shrimp and peas are cooked and rice is tender and no liquid remains.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.