Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb ground chuck (or ground beef)
- 1 lb onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh carrots, pared and sliced
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cans Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 lb) pkg. of medium egg noodles
- Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- Cook onion slowly with prepared ground chuck until onions are translucent.
- Add pepper (½ teaspoon or to taste).
- Separately cook carrots and green beans together until almost tender, reserve cooking water.
- Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 1½ cups of broth from the vegetables (add water if needed to measure 1½ cups).
- Cook egg noodles separately according to package.
- Layer ingredients in a large casserole (13 x 9) beginning with meat, then vegetables, noodles and cover with half of soup.
- Next layer; meat, vegetables, and rest of soup, ending with plain noodles.
- For topping mix: 1¼ cups bread crumbs with melted margarine and sprinkle over top of noodles.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, watching so top does not brown too much.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.