Makes 6 servings.
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1½ pounds sole, flounder, or other fillets
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 6 tablespoons sour cream for garnish
- 6 thin lemon or lime slices for garnish
- Combine peas and carrots, rice, butter, ½ teaspoon salt, white pepper and lemon juice in large skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Top rice mixture with fillets.
- Season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and with black pepper; sprinkle with paprika and chives.
- Continue to cook, covered, 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and flakes easily with fork.
- Arrange fillets over rice on serving dish.
- Garnish each serving with dollop of sour cream and slice of lemon.