Lithuanian sweet cheese
- Bring milk to boil with cottage cheese.
- Heat mixture slowly until whey appears and strain with cheesecloth bag.
- Melt butter in large pan, add drained cottage cheese, egg, cream, salt.
- Heat mixture until it becomes thin and then becomes a thickened, gummy mass.
- Put into wet cheese bag, press out air spaces and tighten with string.
- Dip bag into cold water for a few minutes.
- Drain and press between 2 boards to get a smooth cheese.
- Remove cloth and put in refrigerator.
- It will keep up to two weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.