Sour milk dessert
- 2 cups sour milk or buttermilk
- ¼ cup whipping cream (or up to ½ cup)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp rum, or vanilla, or grated rind of lemon or orange
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and dissolve over hot water.
- Beat sour milk with sugar thoroughly.
- Add to softened gelatin with vanilla or rum or grated rind.
- When beginning to set, fold in the stiffly beaten cream.
- Pour into mold rinsed with cold water and sprinkled with sugar.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold on serving plate and decorate with fresh or cooked fruit or berries.
- May also be served with a caramel sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.