- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups skim milk
- ⅓ cup egg whites, (about 6 whites or ⅓ cup egg substitute)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsalted vegetable oil margarine, melted
- 4 drop yellow food coloring, opt.
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 vanilla wafers, crumbled, if desired
- Combine the cornstarch, salt and sugar in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Combine milk, egg whites, vanilla, margarine and food coloring in another 6- to 8-cup container.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Cook in microwave on high (100 percent power) for 6 to 8 minutes or until thick, stirring after every minute.
- To chill, place wax paper directly on pudding; refrigerate.
- To assemble dish, slice bananas on bottom of serving dish.
- Add chilled pudding and garnish with crumbled vanilla wafers.
Nutritional information Edit
- calories 148 | fat 1 g | cholesterol 2 mg | sodium 97 mg | percent calories from fat 6%.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.