- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3-4 tbsp. butter or shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- Oven 425 degrees. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir to soft dough mixing in milk.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch. Cut with pastry cutter 2-2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Arrange on baking sheet fairly close together.
- Powder the tops with flour. Bake 12–15 minutes.
Makes 12 scones.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.