Uzbek flat bread
- Dilute yeast in warm milk.
- Mix in little sifted flour and oil.
- Add the rest of the flour and salted water as necessary.
- Knead dough and let stand covered in warm place.
- Divide dough into 150 – 200g (5 – 7 oz) pieces and roll into balls.
- Flatten into round bread, 2 cm (¾ in) at edges and 1 cm (⅖ in) in the center.
- Make a pattern in the center with a chekish.
- Sprinkle water on the underside and bake in a tandoor or an oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.