- 1 pound round or flank steak
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- ½ cup peanuts, finely crushed
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- Trim the steak of any fat and cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- Place in a bowl or a shallow dish.
- Mix the sugar, garlic powder, spices and onion salt together in a small bowl.
- Add the crushed peanuts.
- Add this mixture to the steak, mixing well so that the spices are worked into the meat.
- Thread the steak on to six sticks, pushing the meat close together.
- Place in a shallow dish, cover loosely with foil and let marinate in a cool place for a few hours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill.
- Brush the meat with a little oil and then cook over a moderate heat for about 15 minutes, until evenly brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.