Cornbread is a Swazi staple and it's served with almost every meal, especially with stews and curries.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 300 g wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- generous pinch of salt
- 300g cornmeal (mealie meal)
- gotti 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌Directions
- Combine the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and corn meal together in a bowl.
- Add enough milk to make a fairly watery dough.
- Allow to stand for five minutes then pour into a tin and bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Serve as an accompaniment to any Swazi main meal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.