- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 lbs boneless Beef chuck roast or rump roast
- 4 Anchovies, chopped
- 1 Onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 cup water
- Melt butter in a kettle.
- Add Beef roast and brown well on all sides.
- Add Anchovies, Onion, salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, Sugar vinegar, whiskey and water.
- Cover tightly and cook 2-1/2 hours .
- Serve roast with the pan juice.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.