- 10 – 12 medium potatoes, boiled and cold
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Mash the potatoes.
- Stir in egg and flour making a smooth dough.
- Fry onion and bacon in some butter.
- Add allspice or white pepper to taste.
- Shape the dough into a log with floured hands cut into 12 pieces.
- Make a little pocket and fill with about 1 tbsp of filling.
- Close and shape into a ball.
- Put about 4 – 5 at a time in simmering salted water, big pot, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Kakorna will sink and when they have floated to the top they are ready.
- Serve with a thin béchamel sauce or melted butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.