- 1 large red cabbage
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup red wine or sherry
- 1 cup green peas
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Shred cabbage, slice apple and grate the onion.
- Heat honey in a heavy pot, add cabbage, stirring to coat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in rest of ingredients except peas, simmer again for 1 to 1½ hours, stir occasionally.
- Stir in peas just before serving.
- This mixture will reduce to ½ the original size.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.