- ¼ cup butter
- 4 green apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 lbs red cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅓ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- Melt butter in a oven over medium high heat.
- Add apples and onion and saute about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and stir frequently for 8 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, salt, cloves, and allspice.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and add red wine and jelly and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.