- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- cream Sugar and shortening, add egg and sour milk and stir.
- Sift flour, salt, soda, and baking powder together.
- Add to first mixture.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- Cut into 1 1/2 x 3-inch strips and dry in slow oven.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.