- 1 lbs loaf wheat bread, cubed
- ⅓ cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup apple, diced
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1½ tsp thyme
- 1½ tsp sage
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally during that time.
- In a small skillet, toast the almonds over very low heat until lightly browned and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- In a stock pot, heat oil.
- Saute the onion and celery until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the apple and the raisins and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bread cubes and almonds.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to a large casserole dish and bake until browned on top, about 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.